A lot is expected from a licensed engineer. More than their skill and knowledge about the job, they are expected to provide all their services with utmost liability for whatever may be incurred. The minimum requirements include their license. Without the license, they wouldn’t be able to conform to the standards that have been the set by the government. These standards have been put there to make sure that consumers are able to get high quality services.
What are the risks factors that come with engineers and the nature of the job that they do?
- Engineers, no matter how good they are at what they do, could be sued for alleged professional negligence. Even though they do what is expected of them, there will always be clients who might feel that what these professionals have given is not enough; thus the case.
- Incorrect advice that brought about inadequate results is also a risk factor for engineers. Because they are dealing with real life situations, whenever a client feels like the outcome is not what they have expected, they could claim for inadequate results; thus another potential professional case.
- Lack of professional management could also be a problem. Although proper supervision is provided, some clients would feel that they got less than what they deserve. They’d be pushed to try out their luck by filing a case.
- Incorrect certification could lead to a big mess and that will simply complicate the life of an engineer in practice. Sometime, misjudgement could lead to problems that can get out of hand and could become a full blown case. In such situations, engineers could only wish they have enough financial aid to get the best legal help.
- Poor work documentation could also lead the clients from making complaints. Without proper records, it would seem impossible for the engineer to defend himself, thus the best legal team should help him get through things.
Engineers whether Design Engineers, Oil & Gas Engineers, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineers, Chemical Engineers should be able to provide utmost care to consumers. Professional liability insurance for Engineers is to make sure that when the time comes and a situation has caused harm or in effect dissatisfaction on the part of the clients, the engineer will be able to have access to what he needs to alleviate the situation. Without the insurance, the engineers would only find themselves feeling helpless for not having enough to help them get through the bad patch.